Burials of the deceased in either private or government graves.
The burial can take place after the family of the dead engages an undertaker who follows a process. He will collect the death certificate issued by the doctor certifying the death from the police station, from where a burial permit is issued. The said undertaker contact the relevant cemetery to register the death and establish where burial is to take place either in a private grave or a government grave.
A burial permit (from the Police) as detailed in the information on this service, and also an application form is to be filled if burial is to take place in a private grave. The form can be downloaded from here.
no fees or charges
Addolorata cemetery and other public cemeteries in Malta and Gozo.
- Department in charge of service: Department of Public Health
- Contact Person & Email: Mr Paul Micallef
- Postal address: Burials Administration Unit
Santa Marija Addolorata Cemetery
- Telephone numbers: 21693508 / 21809622
- Opening hours: 07.00 - 16.30
Ministry for Health,
© Copyright 2013